Sunday, November 07, 2004

The Travel Bug

I've been travelling again this past week. I don't know what is worse. Being on the road all the time (and therefore getting somewhat used to it) or travelling more sporadically - but feeling the effect of it even more.

I've seem to be averaging at least a trip a month and it is wearing thin. But how can one complain? I get to see so many amazing places in the world thanks to my work. I feel ungrateful for complaining.

This past trip I've been in Singapore. Not the most exciting city in the world. In fact it can be downright boring at times. Beautiful as it is - it just lacks the character of... well some of the European cities. Like clockwork - every day at 5pm it storms. And then the day becomes a quagmire of humidity. You can cut through it - it is so thick and suffocating.

I'm off again this week. As usual I will probably leave everything to the last minute. Including packing. But this trip is all for fun. NYC! One of the most interesting cities in the world I have had the pleasure of visiting.

Am so looking forward to just getting away from my work - which is smothering me at the moment. I get to have 9 whole days where hopefully the only thoughts of work - is how much I am not missing it.


No comments: