Saturday, August 20, 2005

Black Listed

Well it's end of week 5 - and I cannot believe how quickly it is all going (or that I am still living in this tiny little hotel room).

Has been an eventful week. For one thing I have most likely been black listed from a rather swanky NYC restaurant. Known as the "Spice Market" it's located in the Meatpacking district and definitely the place to be seen. Anyway had dinner there the other night with a friend - and when it can time to leave we split the bill and walked off. Only to be accosted by one of the wait staff. Apparently "it's typical to leave a 15-20% tip". And we didn't. Not deliberately so. It was 1.30am, in the middle of the week and the last thing I was capable of doing was adding 15-20% to a $69.43 bill. Anyway I suspect that I won't be scoring a table there anytime soon.

Info on Spice Market: Click Here (although not like I'll be allowed back anytime soon).

Anyway I'm ending my day rather relaxed after a trip to the salon and a spot of shopping in SoHo. It's been raining though - which makes for a rather unpleasant and smelly NYC.
Mum - Bradley is as much of a laugh as ever. He had me in stitches. Especially when he showed me his pics when he was in Aus with Koala Bears and Roos.

No comments: