Saturday, December 03, 2005

Thankyou and Forgive Me for becoming desensitised in this soulless country.

I have a MASSIVE thankyou to shell out. To my dear friend Miss Evie!!!! Thankyou so much for hitting me over the head with that reality mallet. I cannot believe that I made “that” statement to you on the phone without realising the absurdity of it all (we’ll keep the specifics between you and I).

That was absolutely awesome of you to point out I had – for a brief moment – forgotten that first and foremost I am an aussie.

Suffice to say through – to you all my readers – if I make another “Americanism” out loud to you then you are perfectly entitled to hit me with the same reality mallet that Miss Evie did. I’m sure she will not mind sharing it with you all.

For those of you asking – what exactly is an “Americanism” well its that action/statement/reaction/comment etc etc that back in Australia would lead you to being stoned – or at least kicked out of the country for it’s ridiculousness).

No comments: