Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Adventures of Wonder Women (Marial) and She-Ra (Me)

It was pointed out to me the other day (refer to Blog Entry [Week of Cold Hard Truths.... who said you have to be cruel to be kind?]) that my life is reminiscent of a TV Sitcom. I don't necessarily agree however I guess it's more entertaining watching things happen to other people than going through the ordeal yourself. Life lived vicariously through others (hell I do it....... everyday when I think about my little sis Kat living and working in the tropics.... or my buddy living the life in cosmopolitan Melbourne) helps get us through the mundane.

Anyway's there's a point to all of this.... which is to retell how C and I got ourselves into yet another situation the other day. So we spend our Sunday shopping along Madison and at Bloomies (aka Bloomingdales). We decide after many hours walking that we couldn't be stuffed catching the bus back to the UWS so we grab a cab - however as the cabbie is about to turn into Central Park we notice this guy chasing another guy on a bike - catches up with him.... pulls him off and then starts beating him with a metal bar... all while 20+ people stand around watching (and doing nothing)! So before we even have time to think C and I are out of the cab (we even remember to grab our MANY shopping bags and attempt to break up the fight (while still holding our shopping) as this poor guy is being beaten to a pulp with the bar. As soon as things calmed a little and the guys had stopped fighting we jumped back in the cab and was promptly reprimanded by the cabbie and everyone else that we were silly enough to tell the story to (and before you feel inclined to write a comment ..... I have already been reminded that yes we may have "been shot", "stabbed", "hurt" or combination thereof).

Of note.... the 20+ people failed to .... during that whole time..... move a muscle.
What has this world come to? It's ok to stand around and watch people get beaten and not even bother to pick up a phone and call 911?

No comments: