Friday, August 11, 2006

Wall Street..... The Sequel

Ok - so maybe the heading is a bit of a misrepresentation - there will be no inclusion of a trading floor, Charlie Sheen or Gordon Gecko in the following blog.... but you never know.... it's only been a week and a bit.

So I have moved into the new place..... and I miss! miss! miss! the UWS. As all my NYC friends like to so thoughtfully commented (note AFTER we agree to sub-let) Wall St is definitely a quiet part of town after hours (the days are filled with people. We couldn't have moved down there at a worse time.... Sept 11 is coming up so there is a LOT of construction going on.... which starts before the sun comes up and continues ALL weekend. The commute to work is better though - 1 subway line - 3 stops on the express. Except on the weekends when they decide to change all the rules .... and not put up any signs (and of course the announcements on the actual subway are usually intelligible unless it's one of the new cars with the clear recordings). I ended up 1/2 way across Brooklyn the other day when they decided to make the local line an express (and not tell anyone).

Fortunately the girl that is currently still living in the apt has been staying with her folks in PA so I've had the place to myself. Looking forward to Claire moving in...... 2 bedroom apts are lonely I've decided.

No comments: