Wednesday, April 17, 2013

NY Mini 10K..... here we come

So it's been over a year since I blogged. And for those of you that know me.... it's been quite the year. We welcomed into our hearts and lives my dear son - Nicholas Shae. Almost 8 months old and he is already a character. It is Shae that I blame for getting us into this whole 10K event. We just moved to Queens a few weeks ago and joined a local mums group to meet other mums and kidlets. One of the activities was to sign up to the NYRR 10k in June so I decided Why Not. The aim is to not only finish my first 10k but to raise money for a charity I have a lot of respect for - the Leukaemia & Lymphoma Society.

And the beauty of running with Team in Training and Moms in Training is that Shae gets to join me in my adventures! Indeed the team I am training with welcome Mums with bubs. It's certainly a site seeing all these awesome mums running with their kids in strollers. And the bonus for me.... I get to teach Shae the importance of a healthy lifestyle and committing to a cause - all while spending some real quality time with him. And who wouldn't love a brand new stroller (omg I had no idea there were so many jogging strollers out there..... fancy fancy.... but we decided on the BOB.... worth it!)

You can donate at: Our Fundraising Page

Ok so he certainly didn't appreciate the 9.30am Saturday start as evidenced by the following picture ....

But as soon as we started out on our first run the excitement set in and we were both loving it....


So this is the first week of our training and we have stuck to our training plan. It's going to be a tough 8 weeks but both of us are looking forward to it all - and sharing it with our followers.

Here we are ready to go.....






No comments: