Monday, February 13, 2012

The Daily Bouts of Terror & What's with all the Judgements?

When I used to hear people (specifically child raising people) go on about their children, and how it felt to be pregnant, give birth and raise your child I always felt they were a bunch of snooty smug parents who never seemed to want to talk about anything else. OMG.... took all of 1 ultrasound for the disease to catch on. Now it's all about "the baby"! I am sure I had a life, interests and even an ability to have a conversation that didn't involve talking about children, raising children, shopping for children's stuff, disciplining children. I need to be saved! :)

The other thing I'm noticing an awful lot of..... the judgements! Why do complete strangers feel they can tell you you're being a bad mother, or telling you you're doing things way wrong. It's insulting as they are basically implying you are out to hurt your child. I love it when you're in spin class and get all the dirty looks... although that could be because bubs and me are kicking butt! :-)  Oh and special shout out to the guy who asked me if I was pregnant because I was looking like I was gaining weight. Classy!

I'll be interested to see what happens the first time some stranger goes to touch the stomach uninvited.... of course they won't know that I've boxed my way down 60lbs. :-)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hey! It's Nicole from BB. I just gotta say, I love your blogging style! I was smiling and laughing out loud as I read your two entries from today. I love your honesty!

And I agree with the unnecessary advice from strangers. Oi. I hate it.

I often feel like people are driven crazy by my talk of my son, who is now 15 months old. But, I figure, they can block me online if they hate it. Haha.