Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Venturing into a Babies 'r Us....

Well to say it was an experience today is an understatement. Never in a million years would I have seen myself popping out at lunch and heading into a children's store to earnestly testing out strollers and car seats. I know for most of you that know me it is difficult to believe it happened and you all want footage to prove it. Sufficed to say I have the scars of being a first time stroller shopper - just ask me about it in person when you see me next and you will see.

I mean honestly... how many strollers does there really need to be stocked in a store? Are they trying to send first time mothers batty? Granted all mothers I've spoken to have said that I'll be needing at least a couple? What the?!?!? I only need 1 car to get around but a kid needs multiple rides?

Suspension, weight, durability, cup holders, key holders, storage, parasol attachments, side impact protection, durability, comfort padding, head supports, foot muffs!?!?! Seriously.... its like another world/language. And there's more accessories available for children than there are in Tiffany's. I miss the days where my biggest decision was 4.5 or 5 inch heels!

Didn't help I felt completely like a fish out of water. And that of course doesn't work for me at the best of times. I have only respect and admiration for my dear friend ED who took me out and then ever so patiently explained all I needed to know. Of particular amusement to onlookers.... me trying to reinsert the infant car seat into the base backwards (I couldn't even get it out to start with - ED had to show me that!). '

There was one part of the experience where I didn't feel completely stupid ..... fabric choice! Italian and in the color black of course! Peg Perago..... you are my hero in child seat/stroller manufacturers. I can see it now.... my new Burberry diaper back hanging off the back, not near enough storage room to be practical and of course not being able to actually remove the seat from the stroller or fold it up.... but at least the Little Dragon and I will be fashionable as we ram all those New Yorkers out of the way!

No comments: