Friday, July 20, 2007

Back in the Game

I know, it's been forever since I updated this thing. Anyway today's topic is Sex and the City. Ordinarily I shy away from documenting my dating life on my blog (partly because I suspect my mom actually reads this and secondly who wants to document their dating disasters?) Anyways since breaking up with the Cop I have to admit I took myself "off the market". It was some "encouragement" from my friends (ok they called me chicken) that got me to get back in the game. And oh aren't I lucky. Let's see.... in the 3 weeks I decided to date again I have been hit on by everyone from a 24 yo 6'5 Kid, a 44 yo creepy writer (told me he was 34 - not sure who he thought he was kidding) and 21 yo female uni student (yep you read correctly).

Date 1: The Healer
I label this one date 1 when really its actually date 2 (he saved all the freakiness to the 2nd date). Enter "the Healer" as I like to refer to him ("the freak" is too overused in my life). Anyway so I hurt my ankle recently and once again sprained it. Supposed to meet up with the Healer for a drink. He picks a very nice bar being one of my fav bars in NY. It's a lovely, old fashioned, Gatsby inspired bar. Jump ahead I end up being a little early, and sip my $15 glass of wine (nope - not one of those cheap places_. In walks the Healer... first thing he does is drop to the floor and starts humming and doing weird hand actions near my ankle. Despite my many hisses of "get up!" he continues doing his strange healing meditation. Of course not the usual event at this bar so we quickly have an audience of.... everyone!

I should have been suspicious of someone who doesn't drink (odd!!!). Date got progressively worse with requests by him of massages and hugs/kidded (yuck!). Is it too much to ask for some class and sophistication when having a drink?

Between his inappropriate behaviour and the fact he lied and deducted 10 years off his age.... sufficed to say I will NOT be seeing the guy again.

No comments: